Friday, October 14, 2011

Terra Cotta Three

Here are my latest "test" terra cotta pots. The one on the left has sand from South Padre Island on it. The pot in the middle was suppose to be my try at toothbrush splatter. More about that in a sec. The right pot has rose glitter paint on it--along with all the pink.

Took the three 4 inch pots to work today. The folks I showed them too, especially because they would be constructive and quite truthful in their criticism-liked a particular pot for different reasons. All the pots were liked. I was surprised.
One of the folks asked, "Where is the toothbrush one?" Well. let's say I got a lesson in toothbrush technique. I got too soft a brush. OK. I didn't even think about the firmness of the bristles. Heck, I just brought the prettiest brush I could find! So I stopped at the Dollar General store on the way home and picked up a more 'firm' brush. :)

In the meantime, I plan to practice more with terra cotta pots over the weekend. Which includes a re-visit to decoupage of cat photos on the pots. The cats were the original idea for the pots. I didn't know I would broaden my horizon with, well--SAND, of all things! Who knew?

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

I love these pots but I really really really like the blue/white and purple one!! These are amazing!!! Keep going!! Good luck! I'm definitely staying tuned! Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...