Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Clear Transfer to July...

I can't believe it's the seventh month of 2011 already.
I can't believe I am even still talking about crafts and such ....

Yesterday, I was to meet up with a chum of mine, for lunch and bring her a 'test' decoupaged terra cotta pot to view up close and personal...
I had the pot in a cloth bag. As I began to get out of the car, the bag slipped from my hand. I heard a crack heard around the world. I peeked in the bag--several pieces of decoupaged terra cotta stare back at me.

Oh well. My chum and I still had a great lunch. We spoke of pots, her push for me to post about pots on every blog known to humankind, and then my next project may be mosaics. My chum says she wants a mirror for her bathroom and can't wait for me (really the cat) o become a 'brand'!

Out of all that, I've learned I can make clear transfers from regular ol' packing tape. I did a pretty good if I do say so myself. However, later today, I will make a photo image transfer from contact paper use in you kitchen shelves....

Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I have a couple pots to paint, then out dee door.
Things to do.
A strawberry limeade to savour!

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

I'm so sorry about your broken pot! Oh dear!! Nevermind!! You have lots more pots to decoupaged and now the mosaics are waiting to be done!! Wow!!! The world of arts and crafts are there for your to conquer!! Yay!

Glad you had a great time with your chum! Enjoy your limeade! Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...