Saturday, July 23, 2011

And...

I had my writers' group Saturday afternoon. We had a potential new member visit. Our group needs some new blood. I admit I've not written more than 2000 words--that's fiction--in months. I write papers for school and stuff for work, yet not any 'fun' stuff. I hoped the new person would ignite some fires.

All in all it was good to have somebody new there. To get a new slant on things was long over due. The potential new person has run her own speciality shop here in Dallas for 23 years and has written children books. I wish I could say I came home, plopped in the front of the PC and zipped off 10, 000 words.

No. 'fraid not. I did come home and try to print on a napkin--just one more time.

When the napkin, anchored to a piece of cardstock, jammed my printer and I had to rip it to pieces to get it out of there-Well, before I saw the "press here to eject paper' message on the printer's window--I realized my one more time. was indeed my final time.

At least the potential new person said they would return for our next writers' group meeting. We didn't scare her off---too bad. :)

2 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Yay for new blood! And I hope you continue your amazing foray into the paper napkin printing - cos that's just brilliant!!

Good luck with your writing - I only write when inspired and never force myself! Take care
x

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

Thank you for your support, Kitty, yet I think my and the paper napkins are over. I'm OK with printing on tissue paper. Gives me a good look too. It could be my printer on the napkins--but I cant see buying a new printer just for napkins... :)

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...