Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July 2011

"Yankee Doodle Dandy" starring the greatness of James Cagney, was watched by me for about the gazillionth time tonight. There is just something about those black and white movies. I believe the acting is more crisp, no CGI, and the story is more 'there'. I liked it--again.

Today was a good day. I didn't do anything like I did back in the day--like parties, dancing and just enjoying the 4th of July night--like back in the year I graduated from high school. That was also the year the Bicentennial was celebrated. I gotta smile. Just good times.

The majority of my day was spent throwing out stuff. I went thru an purse with a busted strap. I found 5 bucks and a pair of reading glasses I'd completely forgotten. Kept the 5 bucks and the glasses Realized I didn't like the purse so much tho.

It was good to be home. I mean, just home. Realize how much time I have not given myself due to work and school and not much else. I do need to work on more "ME" time tho. I'm also off tomorrow, which is more of back to reality day. Yep. Back to a school project, oil change on the car, and more throwing out stuff. If I haven't seen or used it in a year--it's gone.

Yea, nice to be home.
No place I'd rather be on this 4th of July, 2011.

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

What a great way to spent the Fourth of July!! Happy Independence Day! take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...