Saturday, April 23, 2011

Want Popcorn?


Lunched with ladies, who I volunteer with for an annual writers' conference. Good food and good gab. After we inked our conference schedule we got on to chat about movies, especially about Tyler Perry, since he just released another Madea movie.

There were four of us ladies, with four different views. Yet came down to the same conclusion, Tyler needs to do better with what he has.

Tyler makes lots $$$. He is from humble beginnings and has worked hard for what he's achieved. I will be honest, I have not enjoyed Tyler's movies like I want to. Good foundations for stories, yet, for me, too many characters, and not tied together by the end. If Tyler had a good editor and he's got the money to hire a brilliant director.

I know if its working, why fix it? I usually come out of a Tyler Perry movie, wishing there was more to it. Madea can be funny, although in small doses. Might be why, I've only seen one Madea movie

Anyway, we four had a good chat. All of us proud of Tyler in general and to get to that next level, get a good editor and learn from some constructive criticism.

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

I have to admit, I've not heard of Tyler Perry!! But it's great he is doing great but frustrating knowing he can and must do better with the right people to support him!!!

Just like writers!! Love the writer-ly analogy!

I'm so glad you had a great day out with good company, chat and food!!

HAPPY EASTER!! Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...