Thursday, April 7, 2011

11:24 PM


In 36 minutes it will be April 8

April 8 is my birthday

I won't tell you my age

Even t ho some of you know.

I will say when I was 21,

I thought people my age now--

Were, well..OLD.

I'll think of that when I try a new shade of lip gloss...

Anyway, I love my birthday.

Bittersweet in one way-

My dad would call me at 4:30 AM--

Which was the time I was actually born-

Since Dad passed in 2001, I do miss those phone calls-

Dad would tell me each year, how he waited and waited

For mom to have me.

They'd endured 4 unsuccessful pregnancies

Before me. I was their last chance, the doctor them.

Then I arrived on the scene

And I get to have another birthday--

Even if I thought old people got this far.

Right now, tho, I need to go to bed--

Or I just may stay up a few more minutes

And have a couple scoops

Of Blue Bell ice cream--just to get the birthday started


Because anything could happen in 36 minutes...

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVELY TOMMY!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hip hip hooooraaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...