Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday


Hey, I dealt with rain and fog on the usual 25 minute drive, which was longer, to Inspiring Body of Christ Church today. I almost didn't go. My bed was real warm and cozy. The cats purt near pinned me down.

Snow came later, while we were in service. The camera guys showed us the parking lot as the snow fell. Not matter, the choir sang this song--which brings me to tears each time I hear it. Today was no different. I AM a Woman of God. I make no apologies for my Praise. Just love this song.

I smile at the thought of folks who have known me for years and wonder when this whole God thing happened. I could drink me some beer like water as well as pot a shot of whiskey like it was a mint. When the void in my life was too big for me to continue to ignore and I was at the bottom of a valley where I had no ladder to climb up and out of--it happened. .

Oh and the snow? Some parts received more than others. By the time I got home, I had nothing but mud puddles in my front and back yard. No snow. I am so OK with that.

The day was good. Rain, fog, snow and all. The Packers beat the Eagles. The french vanilla cappuccino helped too. But God.

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...