Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dream A....LOT!

Remember all those postcards I got crazy and made? I decided--well--my cat with the blog- decided to mail one to any of his friends who wanted one. It was one of those things, that proves I am such a dreamer.

I never think how long something may take or the work that actually goes into to getting it done. I just picture end the result. I smile at what I 'see' and am always shocked how many pages I gotta turn to get to the final chapter. Always.

These postcards were no different. Once they arrive to their destinations, I'll speak more about it. The reason being, a couple 'cats' who are to receive do read this blog. :) Don't get me wrong, I got a rush doing the postcards. Even if I just had 3 minutes to spare to get to the Post Office. I did learn it takes 98 cents to send something to England and New Zealand. Far cry,when I did the pen pal thing in my Jurassic Park years and 'airmail' was like 14 cents. I HAD to mail them yesterday. I'd planned to mail them on New Year's Eve. Well, things closed early. Yes, there is a story behind all of this!
To get to THE point, I enjoyed doing the cards, making them and sending them. All of it. I just don't have a good concept of time. What I think should take 15 minutes is more like 2 hours. Plus it gave me thought of my cat business. I do want to do t-shirts and/or sweatshirts. I want to do several styles, yet finances keep me grounded. I need to do ONE quite well. I'm OK with my thoughts on paper products, yet it's the shirts. I can 'see' it, yet not as clear as it will be.

Printing off a gazillion postcards did plant seeds for a later harvest. I know what appeals to me. I firmly believe people know things came from your heart and not just that you want to make cash. People sense your heart felt and want to be a part of it.

That's the harvest

....we dreamers dream of!

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

Awww I am so glad Handsome Noir kept you on! LOL!!

But seriously!!!! I can't wait to get mine!! Charlie waits by the postbox now in anticipation!

But seriously again!! I'm glad you enjoyed doing this - that is the most important - people do know if you enjoyed creating something!! It's always show in the end product! Good luck with your ventures!!!

Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...