Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Groove on the Line



Finally got around to watching my recording of a TV show which featured the 70's band "Heatwave". After all these years this song got my top tappin' and my shoulder doin' their own thing.

I know life is good--yet there's something about those days--when you didn't get come until the sun came up. And you and and your roommate were so broke, you cashed in pop (soft drink) cans so there would be money to buy the beer when you went out that night--so you could get your groove and your party on.

And this song was just one of those anthems on those long ago festive nights. Yea, life is good now, however I'm tellin' ya, I'm still smilin' at some of those yester-century memories....


Just like a Cheshire Cat....makes ya just wonder, huh?


1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

Awww what a fab memory of youth and innovation and fearlessless and also such a sense of unbridled fun!!! Like the song - fabulous song - yay!!!

And the Cheshire cat sure knows how to grin! Take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...