Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back...

Drove 770 something miles today.
From Iowa back to Dallas.
Back for last two and half hours. Did litter box duty and fed the cats a special treat.
The drive was uneventful--which is good. I listened to Paula Deen's audio book of:
"It Ain't Just About the Cookin'--I wasn't much of a fan of hers
Until I listened to her--I am now.
I could related to alot of stuff Paula spoke of--
Except the Food Networks star and having lotsa money part.... :)
Yesterday, I spent time with my 94 year old uncle, who had me laugh lots while
His beer sat close by. Then I dashed off and saw two chums in Des Moines
And then another chum stopped by to say good bye, with his 13 yr old daughter--
Had to smile, because this chum and I did kindergarten together!
I really don't want to live in snow and ice, yet there was something about
This Iowa trip that was different. Real different.
For now, I'm home and need rest.
I'll think about it tomorrow.
No work tomorrow
And oh so very glad.
Night all.

1 comment:

Old Kitty said...

Awww what was different about this trip?

I'm glad you're back all safe and sound! Have a lovely rest.

take care
x

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...