Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Time


And the winner goes to....

Rain falls here in Dallas. Drank all my cappuccino and need to get my team assignment done for my college course. Somehow I wound up being the unelected leader of our team. All good tho. So I need to finish that up so I can be smack dab in front of the TV with popcorn in grand supply.

I headed out of the sanctuary today, at Inspiring Body of Christ Church, in thought of how Pastor Rickie Rush reminds us to be eagles. Eagles soar just a bit higher and I like that eagles are solitary creatures. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and there was Bear.

It so amazes me how this guy finds me, within a crowd of few thousand. Anyway, Bear began to hug me before I was ready--I'm not complaining-just surprised he found me. We chatted for a pleasant moment. Enjoyed that. Turns out Bear bought a house about a year ago, which I didn't know. I told Bear about my return to school and he didn't know that. I think I kinda surprised him on the endeavor. All in all, our chat made the rain out side seem not so chilled...

So tonight is Oscar night. I want to win my OWN Oscar for Best Screen Adaptation and Best Picture. And I know it may be in the bag for Sandra Bullock--but I'd like Gabourey Sidibe and Mo'nique sweep for "Precious." Gritty. Hard to watch--yet worth the praise.

In the meantime, gotta finish my team project, ponder on Bear and check the popcorn level...

I am blessed.

4 comments:

Sultan said...

I thought Precious was a good movie but as my hippie mother might have said, "It really brought me down, man."

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

HA! Sure, Precious was gritty, yet I found it uplifting. I know The Blind Side" was based on a true story, I found it kinda cheezy-and thought Precious, even with its subject matter--more real.

Old Kitty said...

Hi

Oh Thomasina!! This is another film on my "must watch eventually"!! I'm so behind my cinema watching. I really rush straight home these days (since Jan!) because of the Cat! Seriously. She's very much on the edge these past two months and it's all I can do to go to work and be away from her!

Anyway! Strangely enough the last film I saw last year in November was... The Hurt Locker. I thought it was a fantastic film - subtle in its macho way (you can really see the "woman's touch" in every scene).

I am now rambling. I don't know who Bear is - but it sounds like you are old special friends - I must read your archive!

Oh and well done for being team leader. Yay!

Take care now
x

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

I've heard good things about The Hurt Locker--and I must see that! I'm also so behind in my movie going too!

And as for Bear...well.... :)

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...