Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweetheart Stuff


On this Day of Sweethearts and Love, the first person I see, as I saunter into the church's sanctuary was Bear. Don't think we've spoken or seen each other since before Christmas. Nice chat. I got on him why he doesn't mess with his Facebook Page much. We laughed--which was ironic, because part of today's message from Pastor Rickie Rush of Inspiring Body of Christ Church, was to make sure you haven't forgotten how to laugh. And Bear wished me a Happy Valentine's Day-so all in all, quite pleasant. Good to see him. Hope he felt the same

Then I sat by a woman, who had on a black suit I complimented her on. We started to chat and I found she works for Dallas school district in an area I would have interest in once I finished my studies. Opened my eyes, anyway. We laughed how we made it thru the week. How her car's starter went out but she made it back to Dallas from Austin, before it died. We found out we were both single on this Valentine's Day and laughed about that. She going to fix herself shrimp fried rice. I announced I was gonna do pasta, plus I had Blue Bell Tin Roof Ice Cream in my freezer. Said she hadn't thought of Blue Bell, but may hafta to get herself some. Good conversation

Only been since Valentine's Day 2004, that I felt it was OK to be single on this day. Hey, who wouldn't flowers and the whole shebang for Valentine's Day--I like chocolate peanut clusters as much as anyone! Alas sometimes it just doesn't happen that way. And it's OK. I've learned to treat myself, buy flowers for me, and do good for me--it's the sweet in your heart kinda thing to do: love yourself.
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...