Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Super Shuffle

Another kinda windy, dreary Dallas day. Went to my home church today. I do love the pastor there: Pastor Jerome McNeil. Spoke on sins that can be washed away. You realize your transparency is your transformation. Received a terrific hug from the cougar cub, I wish were a bit older. His girlfriend better know how good she has it! There maybe a short story in there. .

Gonna try to get out and do a quick walk before it rains or turns dark or both. I've blown my diet all to bits this weekend. Somehow I think the walk justifies. Because I'm stopping to get some ice cream after. Sure, there's some in the freezer, but I want something from Marble Slab Creamery. Have you been to one? Good stuff. Hit it alot while still Iowa, yet not in recent times here. There's one not far from the house--and well...Has been asking me to stop and say "hi" and I've ignored it. Not tonight.

Other stuff on my mind: work. My house--how it needs splashes of color. Too sterile for too long. Stay tuned to see what happens over Thanksgiving!

And finally Dallas Cowboys beat up on Mike Singletary's San Francisco 49'ers today. Sports Radio will be OK to listen to for a couple days--then we have the Turkey Day Game. But I digress--it was mentioned in today's game how MIke Singletary said the players today don't really know anything about the Super Bowl Shuffle--the video the Chicago Bears made in 1985. They did win the Vince Lombadi trophy that year. So I go to You Tube and watched it for the first time in a long time. When this came out, the only place to really see it was MTV. For you young folks, that's when MTV actually had just one channel and really played music 24/7...nonetheless, to watch the late Walter "Sweetness" Payton, QB Jim McMahon and Mike Singletary (who looks the same) made me smile. Hope it makes you smile too. HUT!

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...