Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Thoughts....

Hurricane Gustav is to hit landfall about noon tomorrow. We can only pray it weakens to a stand still. Almost to the day--three years since Katrina. An event, where a death, mayhem and racial divide reared its ugly head. This time, we must pray--must be..should be better.

Went to my home church today. As Bear says, "The church on Noel Road." Felt good to be there. I missed Pastor's preaching. From John 4:28. Good to see folks. Even the guy, I co-led the Singles Ministry with for a few months, shared a smile with. Was surprised to get an e-mail from him earlier in the week asking if I was OK--since I hadn't been there for awhile. Being this Christian thing, is hard work. Part of me feels I've out grown that church, yet I like being there. Familiarity breeds content? Stay tuned.

Yesterday Movie Man and I toodled town around after having the best burger in Dallas--at Burger Island, with our chum Bucket. Movie Man says he's feels comfortable with my driving. Unlike Bear said a few years ago-how he hated my driving and I drove like his mother and grandmother....Maybe that I didn't have my orange HHR aka Orange Julius then..who knows? Anyway, Movie Man did the Cheesecake Factory. He had some issues when we first went in. He'd never been inside. He thought we were gonna get the cake and go. After the event, we decided we had to have more communication when it came to new things. He ate his cheesecake tho.

It's Free Communication on eHarmony--ya know, the guys get to a certain set of my asnwers to their questions, and they run off. :) Of course, the first time I signed up with eharmony, I'd get matches in every other state except --that they couldn't find matches for my profile. Yea...ok....groovy.

Even on this day I feel joy. Eats me up sometimes. Job needs to change. Need to move forward in my business ideas--plus write more. Proceed in the ministry God has set before me--whatever THAT is....and mop my floors. With all change need, I feel joy.
I am blessed.

Cue the song...REJOICE!
>

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...