Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day...


Today is Father’s Day.

Dad would have opened the dozen or so cards I got him.

He would have fixed us pancakes---even though it was his day.

We would chat over our bountiful breakfast.

Reminisce about the time I slit open Christmas packages, and then tried to tape them back together.

Or the time we made a bird house together.

Or the time he took me on my first airplane ride.

Or we would talk about my mom. How she passed away so young, then

We would laugh about all the Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper we ate after she left.

Today would have been our day. Daddy Daughter Time.

We might have gone fishing. Just the two of us.

Dad has now been gone seven years. Time does not stop.

Sometimes I swear I still smell his King Edward cigar.

I know Dad is with me. I rejoice that he and my mom are together.

My God gave me parents who loved me more than life itself.

I know I am loved.

I know I am blessed.

Everyday is Father’s Day.

No comments:

Thoughts of Past Loves

The Holidays are pretty much right here. Yep.  Especially since three Christmas movies, in the last three days, between Lifetime and Ha...